Thursday, May 13, 2010

Housekeeping - May 13 TH

There are a couple of things I want to mention that are not strictly torrent-related.

First of all, an overdue welcome to the stalwart few "followers" that this little blog has already been able to attract. A couple of you have been around virtually since the beginning and a couple more have just joined this week. I just wanted to take a moment and say that I appreciate your interest, as well as the encouragement that comes from not seeing simply blank space there!

I also want to mention that there's a shiny new RSS "chicklet" there at the top of the right column. I finally got around to configuring the syndication feed, so that if you use a reader of any flavor [I use the Google Reader, but I know there are lots of good ones] you can now subscribe to this blog.

It is my intention that in the very near future I will also set things up so that you can receive posts via email if you so choose.

If there is to be a central theme/concern here, I want it to be getting the information out and into the hands of as many people as possible... as efficiently as possible... and by any means possible.

Sincere thanks again to everyone for the support.

2 comments:

Eincrou said...

I want to thank you for your efforts to provide a high quality, reliable distribution of Alex Jones' and other shows. Splitting Alex's shows into half-hour segments is a great idea for those who want to listen on portable devices with limited seeking capabilities. I've been downloading your torrents ever since I first saw them appear on Mininova, and I hope you can endure even though several people who used to post Alex's shows to Usenet or in torrents over the years have since stopped. Keep up the good work.

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks for the acknowledgment.

I can't actually take credit for the idea to divide Alex's show at the half hour breaks. Not long after I first began uploading the AJ show [Feb. 2009] at Demonoid, I was asked by a user there if I could provide a version of the show that was broken down into files of 10mb or less, so that he could easily email to friends the parts he particularly wanted to share.

I was doing the .mp3 files at 32K bitrate back then and splitting the hours in half worked perfectly for what he wanted -- and over time proved to have other benefits as well.

I have since become convinced that 64K bitrate audio quality is worth the larger files, but I still divide on the half hour most of the time. The exceptions are Alex's Sunday shows and the cut-and-paste show that are broadcast when he takes a day off. The commercial breaks come differently in those and they do not readily divide the hours into two more or less equal parts.

Anyway, thanks for the support and the encouragement. I intend to keep doing this for as long as I am able.