Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Housekeeping - June 01 TU

There are occasionally a few items related to this blog, deserving of attention, that do not really fit in a standard torrents post that I want to mention. Until I come up with something nicer, I'm lumping them under the heading "housekeeping."

First, I want to extend a welcome and express my thanks to two new individuals who very recently have signed up as Followers of this blog. I see six now in that space in the right column, but Blogger's dashboard tells me I have eight in total. I don't know if that's a glitch with Blogger or if there are two who simply choose not to be visible. But if you're real, welcome to you too!

I also want to offer big thanks to an individual [who has chosen to be "a behind the scenes" person, in his owns words] who has been supplying a great deal of help with the Mike Rivero shows and Webster Tarpley's show. I'm hoping that in the future, there may be others who will want to get involved in the effort of making alternative news and analysis available to as wide an audience as possible. If this blog becomes more of a team endeavor it can make the pursuit of that goal more effective.

In addition, there is a person who is going to be coming on board in the very near future, contributing occasional articles and news bits. Sub Lumen was one of the first Followers here and has been active at Conspiracy Central for a couple of years. Watch for his stuff.

Finally, I want to mention a comment received here yesterday. The author suggested/requested that I consider distributing the podcasts of three different internet radio shows. Two of the shows are familiar to me, but the other name does not ring a bell. I will be taking a serious look at this suggestion and I'll try to have a decision posted within the next day or so.

I do greatly appreciate this suggestion and solicit others like it. Sometimes I get such tunnel-vision in the work of getting the standard set of torrents done each day that I essentially ignore the fact that there are many other good sources of information out there, each with a unique perspective. That said, I'm obviously one person and there are a finite number of hours in a day, so I have to budget the resources of my time and energy. The cause is a vitally important one, though, and I am in it to do all that I can do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work! on the much needed information front.

Thank you so much!

sebaygo1 said...

Thank you for the encouraging words!

And for what it's worth... while I'll never grow tired of acknowledgment and expressions of appreciation, I am also VERY interested in hearing suggestions as to how I can do better and/or how I can do more.

govshill said...

You should consider doing Jack Blood's show. Good stuff.

Nice blog, keep up the good work.

sebaygo1 said...

@govshill

You are quite right, Jack Blood's show is good stuff. Thanks for the suggestion.

I used to try to keep his podcasts uploaded, though in all honesty at the time I wasn't getting 100 percent.

Just after starting this blog I discovered that one of the first Followers here -- gedude -- was uploading Jack's shows and doing a better job of it than I was. I deferred to the superior performance.

Here's a link to my post about his blog, etc.
http://is.gd/cApe4

He has also started uploading Jeff Rense shows.

Thanks again!