Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mini-Housekeeping - 2010 July 22 TH

Not a lot of things to cover, but why let them pile up, eh?

The Pirate Bay is still alive. Uploading there is possibly easier and faster than it has ever been, easier and faster than in recent memory for me certainly. My only problem is not being able to edit a torrent description once it's uploaded. They've always had that feature available, so I'm going to keep thinking this is a temporary problem. I checked through the latest few dozen posts on the Site Status thread in the support forum and the staff seems to be in a better mood these days [finally]. The most recent semi-official message said:
We are up a major maintenace. Things will get back to normal as soon we are done with all updates.So just be patient and thanks for all reports/observations guys.
I have member access to PrisonPlanet.tv once again, for which I'm sincerely thankful [you know who you are!]. I should be able to handle whatever overDrive curveballs that Alex cares to throw without worrying about my blood pressure now.

I wanted to give greetings to the blog's two most recent public followers: zapoper and Cam. From what SL tells me, zapoper is a legendary figure at ConCen, and we are glad he decided to join us here. Cam is a "web guy," with whom I hope to be having some conversations in the near future regarding a new project that's been bouncing around in my head.

And, speaking of a new project, if you have a minute or two of free time, ratchet your expectations down to low and take a look at this. Any comments will be appreciated [or at least tolerated]. Right now it's only at the "proof of concept" stage, if I'm using that terminology accurately.

Tomorrow is TGIF [toes go in first] and the weekend is almost within sight. It appears we have almost made it through another one!

No comments: