Monday, July 19, 2010

Housekeeping - 2010 July 18 SU

O.K., technically it is Monday, the 19th, but only by about an hour.

There is no particular planned organization for this post. It's purpose is to just catch up on some things that I wanted to talk about during the past week, but did not find time to do so.

First I am going to look back through the past week's comments.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to the discussion about a potential trojan threat coming via torrage. I have never had to deal with an issue like that related to any torrent I have uploaded, but I wanted to meet this head-on. Based on what I've heard from everyone, including "the trojan guy" who originally reported it, I think it is safe to conclude that what he saw was a one-time anomoly and that using either of the torrage services can be generally regarded as safe for any torrents you'll see here.

Regarding the Prison Planet membership, I think that will soon be taken care of. I have worked out an arrangement with a key supporter of this blog -- who chooses not to be named -- such that by the end of this week I should once again have registered member access at PrisonPlanet.tv. Obviously I am especially grateful to that person, but I am thankful as well for all who offered assistance and suggestions of any and every kind.

"Lyn from the UK police-state" asked if I was joining the Prison Planet Forum. To be honest, I had never thought much about doing that. In general I try to stay away from political forums as they seem to harbor much more pettiness and melodrama than rational discourse. But I decided that since I really don't have enough free time to get involved in heated debates there, I might be able to stay out of trouble. Plus, I'm thinking it might prove useful for the sharing of information, so yes, I did sign up a couple of days ago. Lyn, you asked about my avatar. I'll use the same thing there that use everywhere:

Friday "RW" related that he gets Bob Chapman's International Forecaster newsletter, and offered to share that so I could include it as a "bonus" in some torrents. I would absolutely like to take you up on that offer. You can email me at Gmail.com. Username, as you might guess is sebaygo1. I'll be happy to acknowledge you as the source each time I use one.

Then a hello and a welcome to Don, our most recent commenter as of the moment. I'm glad you did finally find the comment zone here, Don, and now that you've found it I hope you will be inexorably drawn to it again and again!

I want to mention that I have not forgotten about the requests to place a "donation button" on the blog. [I hope there is still some interest in that.] I've decided to put Mrs. Sebago1 in charge of that, and thereby have greatly improved the chances of that getting done sometime soon. I will try to give you a progress update on that in about a week.

I feel as if I am forgetting something, or multiple somethings, that I had intended to talk about in this post, but I seem to have run dry for now. I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend and that the transition back into a non-weekend-reality will be a smooth one for you.

Thank you very sincerely for all your support and encouragement. Please do keep those comments coming. They truly do mean a lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you have the wife working on the project now. two heads are always better than 1. i'll keep an eye out for that donation link. Thanks to RW for supplying the the international forecaset. I also enjoy when you include various ebooks relating to the guests of the day.

i've been distributing your work on a private/encrypted/invite only BT network. several people there have commented on how much better the shows are without commercials.

thanks again for your hard work... you might not be running for a public office but you are certainly doing a great service to many, many, Americans. Grass roots wake up calls are the only hope we have as rioting would only be squelched with superior force.

thank you very much, sir.


ps. lost a loved one a few days ago... not to preach, but everyone out there has someone they love. call them now and remind them of what they mean to you... you will not be sorry that you called.


take care of you and yours.

sebaygo1 said...

@Anonymous

Thanks for all the kind words, particularly that you have enjoyed the ebook bonuses I have been able to include in torrents from time to time. I have not heard much one way or the other on that thus far.

I am delighted to hear that you are sharing these torrents elsewhere. It is impossible for me to know into how many hands the modest work I do may pass, but if even half the people who download pass it on to another or two, and so on, and so on, then WE are influencing hundreds of people daily. Not a big number compared to the listener stats of an Alex Jones, perhaps, but a good accomplishment nonetheless.

I agreee wholeheartedly with your closing sentiment. I got a break in the way I learned that lesson years ago.

It was Christmas eve night and I had to be at work early the day after the holiday. My father and I had been fairly estranged for some years. I had mailed a token present and a card and expected a short phone conversation the next day.

I had gone to bed when I was suddenly seized by the idea that I should go home for Christmas, even if only for a few hours. I got up, dressed, and drove 240 miles. I waited in my car on their driveway until I knew it was time that he and my mother would be awake.

My visit was only about 8 hours, then 240 more miles back, but it was a day for which I would not trade a thousand others. He died about three weeks later.

kpolsson said...

Thanks from me too for the documents that you sometimes include with the torrents. I keep them separately, along with others I have picked up. There is SO much to go through in text, audio, and video. I've started on Carroll Quigley's Tragedy and Hope, but I haven't gotten very far.

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks, kpolsson.

There truly is a wilderness of material out there, it is difficult sometimes to not be discouraged by the sheer scope and scale. But the only alternative to finding ones own way through it is to allow someone else to tell you what to take in and what to ignore and what to believe and such.

A couple of days ago a friend gave me a copy of a video of a presentation by G. Edward Griffin, called: The Quigley Formula - A Conspiratorial View of History as Explained by the Conspirators Themselves. I have not watched it yet, but I am hoping it may make Quigley a little more digestible. I have tried Tragedy and Hope, too, and found it really slow going. Best of luck with your effort!

58andfixed said...

Thanks for your efforts.

I do the majority of my posting at:

http://victoria.en.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=133

It's more of a kind of a diary than any kind of dialogue.

I've taken my server off-line due to three successive attacks and it's taking longer to rebuild missing & damaged files.

For now I'm sharing:

The.Bible.Unearthed.Eng.All.4.parts

The Secret Bible - 3 pt series - National Geographic

The Twilight Zone Complete 156 Episodes XVID by lthown

Plus anything I'm D/L-ing.