Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Alex Jones Show Update

After making no mention of the time-format change on the day it was initiated (yesterday), Alex discussed it in some detail early in hour one of today's show. Here's an excerpt:
...[F]or the first fourteen years of the broadcast or so I did three hours a day and then about two and a half years ago I went to four hours a day.

But because I have completed my new TV studio -- well I've completed the building and much of the studio -- I'm preparing to start developing that and I just don't have the time and energy to make films, do the TV show, and do four hours.

But we are rebroadcasting the first hour and the fourth hour for the stations that are carrying it.

And I will at least once a week in the future be doing the fourth hour live. And sometimes I'll do the entire week in the fourth hour live.

It's just that we are now starting to migrate over a little bit with our time and energy toward the television end of things.

I've found that doing a fourth hour takes me about thirty minutes to an hour just to recuperate mentally and get some sugars back in my brain.

I mean, I feel great after the show, I just am psychologically and mentally and spiritually exhausted and I then I have to kind of go sit on a couch for about thirty minutes to even get my bearings.

And there's so much going on, so much happening that I've got to hit at the end of the show. I've got to hit things moving into meetings and youtube videos and PrisonPlanet.tv videos and the new chemtrails/eugenics film and other radio interviews I'm doing, that we broke down the analysis and I made the decision to do that.

But we will be doing the fourth hour on a routine basis for folks, that will just be OVERDRIVE....

The emphasis above is mine, and I emphasize it because it appears that these changes will directly affect how I am able to process the Jones Show material for bit torrent distribution.

In order to do all the shows that I do, I have to rely most of the time on podcast files made available either by the shows themselves or by the networks that carry them. In the case of the Jones Show, I use 64K bitrate podcast files that are made available by the GCN radio network -- one file per hour.

The only problem with that system is that they do not make podcast files available for "OverDrive" segments.  [Or at least have not in the past.]  One must either record that as it streams, or get it later via a subscription to PrisonPlanet.tv [where they make available the video in two different file formats, as well as high-quality audio].

Unfortunately I am not always able to be at my computer at the proper time to start recording an OverDrive segment. All I can promise is that I will do my best to continue to deliver whole shows.

Just an F.Y.I.

No comments: