Monday, August 2, 2010

Mike Rivero Update

Basically all of the following information comes originally from blog follower and ConCen legend esteemed ConCen member, "zapoper" by way of Sub Lumen, who occasionally is good for something more than collecting editorial cartoons.

As reported here last week, on or about July 27th, the following was posted to Michael Rivero's web site, WhatReallyHappened.com:
ANNOUNCEMENT
As of the end of August I have decided to leave GCN to do my show over at Republic Broadcasting. My first day at Republic will be Monday August 23rd, followed by a week of doing both shows, with my last day at GCN Friday August 27th. The Saturday show is still up in the air at this time.

My show will air earlier in the day on Republic, running from 2PM to 4PM Central Time. As usual, podcasts will be available.
During his radio show, National Intel Report, RBN head honcho, John Stadmiller announced that Mike would be joining that network, saying he was "very pleased to have that happen. It was under extraordinary circumstances that he was forced to make that move and I won't give any other details 'cause quite frankly it's pretty ugly...."

For a few days that was about all there was in terms of "official" comment. Speculation naturally abounded. During the weekend, the following was added immediately below the original announcement on Rivero's site:
UPDATE:
I have just been informed by the Alex Jones show that they are canceling my monthly interviews commencing this coming Tuesday. Imagine my shock and disappointment. No, really, just imagine it!
Today, the last two sentences had been removed.

Zapoper has called attention to the following, which appears on a blog called Kenny's Sideshow, attributed apparently to Mike Rivero.
WRH: I have not made a big deal about the reasons for the move, but in a nutshell, GCN is a reflection of Alex Jones' views of the world, and more and more our points of view regarding Israel are diverging. I get a lot of email asking why I do not challenge Alex on his defense of Israel, or asking why every time I am on his show Alex feels obligated to have a pro-Israel representative on immediately afterwards to counter the points that I made.

I view the attack by Israel on a US flagged ship and Americans in international waters as an act of war and all who defend said attack as traitors to the USA. Alex holds a different view and I guess the breaking point was his rant in which he said that anyone who is a critic of Israel is a "weak-minded fool". That made it a personal attack, and I decided it was time to step out of Alex's shadow and go in a different direction.
[http://kennysideshow.blogspot.com/2010/08/alex-jones-banishes-mike-rivero.html]
The article from which this comes was posted Sunday night. It sounds very much like something Mike would say, but the eponymous "Kenny" does not reference the quote. I know that it was not said during Saturday's What Really Happened radio show. I am currently re-listening to Friday's show to see if somehow it slipped by me. I have searched Mike's WhatReallyHappened.com web site and do not find it there. I did find, however, that one of the site's members had today posted a link to Kenny's article as a "Member Story" news item. http://whatreallyhappened.com/content/alex-jones-banishes-mike-rivero-0.

The fact that this item is still on the site could be seen as a likely indication that the quote is legitimate.

Again, a tip o' the hat to zapoper for doing a better job of keeping up with this story than I have.

Update :: Tue., 03 Aug
Today the statement regarding "canceling my monthly interviews" has been removed from WhatReallyHappened.com.

Update 2 :: Tue., 03 Aug
I now have conclusive verification that the unreferenced quoted passage on Kenny's Sideshow which ostensibly was Mike Rivero explaining "the reasons for the move, IS in fact legitimate. The language can be seen in this Google cache of a WhatReallyHappened.com page:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:iieq79_xLkcJ:whatreallyhappened.com/x.php%3Fletters+mike+rivero+alex+jones+RBN&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
, and has every appearance of having been posted by the WhatReallyHappened.com webmaster, Michael Rivero. And just in case something happens to the cached page, I did a screen capture, which is available HERE.

4 comments:

kpolsson said...

Is the tail (AJ) wagging the dog (GCN)? Or is it Ted Anderson who is behind the no-Israel bashing?

Log@N said...

I dunno it could be Anderson, seeing as he signs the checks, but I have always been skeptical of AJ's obvious avoidance of all things Israel.
I think Rivero is a tool anyway, but he makes some really good points. Overall this is super childish, they are on the same team and should work together. Don't you hate it when ego's prevail!

Brit torrent said...

thanks for the updates.

i remember the austin gun rally videos as well from january earlier this year. on the show the day after AJ says he was confronted by cointelpro and people getting in his face i believed him and thought i'd check it out on youtube and was shocked at AJs behaviour, really shocked. he bullhornerd over the speakers and organisers of the rally, refused to participate or speak to the crowd when asked. the crowd moved down the street a little, restarted the presentations and protests then AJ followed them and continued to bullhorn and disrupt the speakers again.

anyway don't know why i'm describing it when it's up on youtube for all to see( i feel wasted, must be the solar tsunami lol ) www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7923069/Nasa-scientists-braced-for-solar-tsunami-to-hit-earth.html

zapoper said...

@ Sebaygo1, could you please edit "ConCen legend" to ConCen member?

Sublumen is too kind and in this case has really exaggerated my standing at that site.

If there is a legend here, it's you! Thanks for all the work!