Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blog Bonus - 2010 Aug 17 TU

If you have followed my torrents for some time then you know that I like to include "bonus" material when I can and when there's an obvious relationship between the torrent and the bonus. Perhaps the best example of this is when Bob Chapman makes one of his usual Friday visits to the Jones show and I am able to include with the show's audio files a copy of a recent issue of his The International Forecaster newsletter.

I am able [as I have always tried to make clear] to share these newsletters with you because blog-supporter RW essentially "contributes" them to the blog.

In the case of this particular bonus material -- published on Wednesdays and Saturdays -- it does not seem prudent to sit on the two issues I receive before Friday until I see whether Chapman is actually a guest on Alex's show in a given week. The International Forecaster deals in information... often volatile information, information that in a virtual sense has a "freshness date," if not an "expiration date."

So I resolve to get this material into your hands in a more prompt, more timely manner. Until I announce here otherwise, I will be posting this to the Sebaygo1 document drop at: http://drop.io/sebaygo1docs1. The most recent issue of TIF that I have is Saturday's. The filename is The_Intl_Forecaster_2010_08_14_(SA).rtf.

These are published and distributed in the .rtf file format. I've heard no complaints about this, but I am curious whether it would be more easily used and shared if converted to .pdf. Please let me know if you have a preference.

Also, if any of you have a subscription or other access to periodically published material along similar lines to The International Forecaster and are interested in sharing it with others, please contact me. I would be happy to help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like pdf more. I think the main issue there is that rtf is smaller. But pdf isnt that big either.

Imho nearly everyone would prefer pdf as it is the most commonly used format.

Anonymous said...

I wasnt aware of your awesome document drop. Its good to have those ITFC documents at one place. More of that please.

Thanks for all your awesome work