Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blog NOTICE - 2010 Aug 26

.

:: NOTICE ::

Earlier this evening my router [a venerable Dynex DX-E401] died.

This does not mean that I have lost my ability to access the net, as this post obviously demonstrates. It does mean, however, that until a replacement router is procured I will not have as much access as the level to which I am accustomed. Mrs. Sebaygo and I will necessarily alternate direct use of our cable modem.

I am hoping that I will be able to at least maintain the level of service that I have offered this week, for example -- i.e., daily Jones torrents, daily Rivero, two episodes of No Agenda, Guns and Butter on Wednesday and Max Keiser's Truth About Markets USA on Saturday. But there will probably not be much beyond that for a while longer.

In addition to accommodating my wife's personal usage of her computer, there are often times when I am using both of them -- today I recorded What Really Happened on hers while editing and then uploading the Alex Jones torrent on mine.

Some torrents most likely will not be uploaded as promptly as I like, but should be available within a reasonable time.

How long will this situation continue? I honestly do not know for certain. My guess is a week to 10 days... maybe 2 weeks, at most. Part of this is, frankly, dependent on "cash flow" and part is related to the availability of a non-wireless router at local stores [basically, WalMart, BestBuy and Target].

In the meanwhile, I will do the best I can under the circumstances. I earnestly solicit your patience.

You know, this is not the birthday present for which I have been hoping.

10 comments:

zapoper said...

Lol, starting tomorrow I was going to upload your files at ConCen instead of having to record the feed myself etc.

I've tried six or seven different audio recorders and the only one that works well for my computer/sound card as a problem with the 64 kbps encode. I set it to 64 Kbps 44,1 KHz but the file comes out at 80 Kbps 44,1 KHz

Anyway, until you get your problem solved, you can use my files if you want. I upload them on a server so you would get them fast. They are usually ready to download 25 minutes after the end of the show.

If you think that can help, I can send you the links via email.

P.S. today I compared your files and mine and couldn't hear a noticeable difference.

zapoper said...

I was talking about the Rivero show.LOL

Your work is most appreciated.


Happy birthday!

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks, zapoper.

I have been bending my brain around this problem and I think I have figured out the best way to deal with the fact that the Jones show ends exactly when the Rivero show begins.

My goal for the new RBN Rivero show has been to get it uploaded to all 5 sites I use and to update the blog all in an hour or less of the end of the broadcast.

I think that goal may have to temporarily change to 90 minutes later or less, and the plan is going to involve some moving of files manually between computers, but I guess I will see how well it works on the Friday Aug 27 show.

Oh, and for what it is worth, I tried 5 different recorders myself on this project.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! I always appreciate the fact you get the Alex Jones Show up just merely an hour after It stops airing live.

Nighted said...

Get a paypal account. I'd be more than happy to chip in a couple bucks for a new router. I'm sure others probably would too.

Some Other Guy said...

Sucks that your router died. I hope you find a suitable one without going bankrupt. Good wired ones seem to be getting sparse at local stores.

But if I understood that right, I do want to wish you a Happy Birthday and my hope that it's all upwards from here.

Anonymous said...

Yes, what's your Paypal so I can contribute to a new router?!

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Happy birthday!

/A guy from Sweden

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks for all the kind words and the expressions of willingness to help with the current crisis. I will be placing a donation link on the blog, and almost everything is ready to go on that. You should see it no later than Monday.

Anonymous said...

try provantage.com

they have good selection of networking stuff from residential to commercial. prices reasonable.