Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Twitter Question Revisited

First, I would like to thank all those who weighed in with their perspectives and advice on whether or not I should create a Twitter presence. All comments were welcome and appreciated.

One comment favoring Twitter mentioned that Alex Jones uses it. I'll have to admit that my initial reaction was the thought that I am really not interested in emulating Alex Jones. Upon reflection though, I realized that I shouldn't discount a potential venue for communication simply because he uses it, and particularly because he clearly knows a thing or two about spreading one's message.

So I took a look at how he uses Twitter, and frankly I was a little underwhelmed. Take a look for yourself at http://twitter.com/realalexjones. He does not "tweet" a lot. Between July 1 and today he has posted a total of 10 messages. Obviously this is not something that absorbs a lot of his time.

There are a couple of other relevant Twitter accounts. One is http://twitter.com/prisonplanet, which is slightly more active [2 to 3 posts per day].

The other is http://twitter.com/infowarsstories. InfowarsStories is a lot more active -- 15 posts in the last 24 hours, 21 posts the previous day. I thought it might be just an automated posting of every new story on Infowars.com along the lines of what Twitterfeed does with a blog's RSS feed. And when I looked more closely, sure enough, every post bore the subscript "via twitterfeed."

This would be something that once set up would run itself. I should be able to feed a single Twitter account from both blogs [no, I haven't given up on SebaygoToo yet], though I'll have to check on that. And if occasionally there is something I want to "tweet" personally, it's easily done [via web interface; I have a poor man's cell phone, no tweeting from it].

So I'm going to think it over this weekend and who knows... Monday might find me on Twitter. I will let you know.

Oh, and speaking of new things. Look for a donation button of some kind by the end of this month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanna let you know i really appreciate you uploading especially the Alex Jones Show and Tarpley's Show. You are my main source for thruth radio and i'm sure many rely on you as well. I personally don't use Twitter, but i think those who use Twitter (especially to follow Jones' stuff) would also appreciate to be informed about the new Shows online and all that stuff. So if it wouldn't take you too much extra time just go for that Twitter thing. Enough dudes out there are using it.

999SilverDog said...

sebaygo1, if you are able, if you could contact me on this disposable email, UKLyn, just a wee question off-blog

uklyntemp-trnts@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

id say that jones doesnt use his account much because of all the other ones keeping up with the news.

in your case, i dont see much of a benefit. i mean, if people are on a phone, can they even download the torrents? if they have to be on the computer to download, then they can just grab the shows from the torrent site, or come to this blog... or even rss it to their homepage (i do that).

if you have time and really feel like putting the effort into getting it going, then have at it. i just dont think its the biggest bang for the proverbial buck that you could find.