Monday, November 5, 2012

Blog Misc -- 2012 Nov 05 MO -- Update

Well, the body-aches, sore throat and fever that I thought earlier today represented an on-coming cold, turned out to be something altogether different.

I spent some time yesterday evening in our back yard pruning some herbs. I thought I felt a few mosquito bites. Evidently, though, my diabetic peripheral neuropathy has diminished my sense of touch enough that I did not realize I was receiving over 50 Fire Ant bites. My symptoms appear to be a reaction to all those bites which are now very inflamed. My right leg is red and swollen and my fever is higher than it was this afternoon.

To the best of my knowledge I've never had a Fire Ant bite previously. I have to say, this really sucks!

1 comment:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Yikes!

I have never experienced anything like that, but it sounds miserable. Do you need to get in to see a doctor? Worried about infection or anything like that?