Thursday, June 16, 2011

Breaking Personal News

.
Regular readers of this blog are probably aware that a few weeks ago Mrs. S and I moved from NW Arkansas to Houston, Texas. At the time we had to make the move we had not yet found a place to rent. The company for which Mrs. S works offered us two months of lodging in "corporate housing" -- a nice furnished apartment. We have been looking for a decent small house reasonably close to the building where Mrs. S works.

We have learned that the Houston rental market moves very fast. If one finds a place they like, there is no time to hesitate. That being said, we think we have found a house that will work for us. We will know whether it is a "done deal" tomorrow.

If we do get this house, we've been told that we will have a fairly small window of time (as little as 5 days) during which to move in. That will involve getting the bulk of our possessions moved from a storage warehouse; paying deposits and arranging for turn-on of water, electricity, gas, and cable; etc., etc.

Obviously, if the clock begins ticking on this process tomorrow, the next few days will be extremely hectic ones and we have no way of knowing (among other things) how promptly we will have internet access at our new address. All I can say with certainty is that I will do as much work here each day as possible.

Frankly, I am dreading moving again so soon, but it is inevitable. I am most definitely looking forward to the move being finished, so that I can get back to work at my own desk and establish once again a sense of some permanence in our life. I thank everyone for their tolerance during this period of big changes, and I ask that you be patient with me for just a little longer.

I'll post an update tomorrow, but at the moment things look promising.


5 comments:

brit torrent said...

fingers crossed for you, hoping it goes well sebaygo

Hippie said...

sounds good possibly, Im ready take the lead again if need be, sounds a little less hectic this time even if it is on shorter notice. Less stuff to repack at least....

Anonymous said...

If your deal falls apart, I have a 2 bed/2bath townhouse available for rent in SW houston. Rent is 775/mo.

I wish you luck.

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I am supposed to know around mid day tomorrow.

colin rogers said...

all the best with that my friend.