Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blog Misc -- "Recent Comments"

If you visit this blog very often, you have probably noticed that the "Recent Comments" gadget in the right-hand column has been displaying no comments, only the message that the gadget is "broken." This has persisted for weeks.

It's been my experience that the longer a Blogger gadget stays broken, the greater the odds that it has gone dead and will not be fixed.

I looked under the hood in the Blogger layout control and found this.


The "learn more" text link takes one to this.


Given the amount of time it's been not working, I decided it was time to remove it.

I like having recent comments brought together in one place, so if anyone knows of a work-around or another similar gadget, please let me know.

Thanks.

2 comments:

colin rogers said...

This one's pretty smart bud ;), http://helplogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/add-recent-comments-widget-with-avatar.html

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks VERY much, roonster! I'm probably going to try the simple version there first, and it might be tomorrow before I get it done due to the workload I have on Thursdays plus still trying to do some catch-up work. But this seems to be just what I was hoping to find. Thanks again.