Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blog Misc -- 2013 Jan 09 WE -- Brief Absence

My son's birthday is this weekend. I have not seen him since the day before Mrs. S and I left Arkansas to relocate to Houston. That was about 20 months ago.

A combination of circumstances has created an opportunity for us to make the drive back to Fayetteville this weekend. I have no idea when a similar opportunity might come along, so we're going.

Our plan is to leave here early tomorrow morning and be in Fayetteville sometime Thursday evening/night. Yes, that drive could be made in less time, but we are going to have to make regular stops because of the problems I have with my legs.

We are hoping to leave for the return trip early Monday. Right now, the long-range weather forecast for up there is calling for snow Sunday night and Monday morning, so if that holds we might start back Sunday morning instead.

Mrs. S has been lobbying hard for me to not do blog work while we're gone, but all I've promised is to cut back. Obviously for the travel days up and back, I will not have much opportunity for work, and I don't know what all we will be doing while there. All I can realistically say is that I'll do what I can while away from home, but honestly my main focus this weekend is going to be spending time with my son. I hope you'll understand.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...


Have a nice trip and stay safe my friend

Family always comes first :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Thank you for all of the excellent work that you do.

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip, disconnect a while to refresh and spend some good quality time with those most important.

I'm sure I speak for all when I say we are grateful for what you do here, a few days missed shows (which we can probably find in other places) isn't going to mean the end of the world. You deserve a break, thanks for everything.

Diego, Argentina.

Anonymous said...

Please have a safe trip, and a well deserved break.

colin rogers said...

safe trip my friend, family no.1 always ;)

jkilla19713 said...

You have been going strong for very long time, just get back safe kidd..

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a bit late as you're already there but have a good trip, enjoy your stay & have a safe trip back.

mz said...

Time spent with your children is precious. I love your blog, but I am glad to see that it hasn't been updated this weekend.