Thursday, July 14, 2011

Case in Point of How Comcast Rolls

.
Entire article at http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/07/seattle-comcast/


The end of the internet comes not with a bang or a procession of four lolcats of the apocalypse, but just with two blinking lights on a modem.

At least that’s how it came for Andre Vrignaud, a 39-year-old gaming consultant in Seattle, when Comcast shut him off from the internet Monday for using too much data.

Vrignaud, it seems, committed the foul of using more than 250 GB of data on Comcast two months in a row, triggering the company’s overage policy that results in a year-long ban from using its services. (emphasis mine)

“It’s one of those things I never thought would hit me,” Vrignaud said. “They didn’t even call. I just got double blinking lights on my modem.”


[Read the rest.]>

Gosh, I miss Cox Communications!


6 comments:

Hippie said...

THAT'S ASS! I've heard of such things. Once again. Im sorry you are under the choking arm of ISPS. It is an ever empending subject, I doubt eventaully we wont all be choked off, unless netlix and such has its way.

Hippie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hippie said...

I will impore you to buy a business account, that usually buys leniency for a small price... it may cost 10-20 more but almost all business accounts can abuse the throttle / cap (biz has more BW Cap no doubt)

sebaygo1 said...

I would have guessed that a business account would cost substantially more, but I will check into it. Of course we have a bundled TV-internet package, but will see.

Hippie said...

My use of internet in my region dates ages, its why I said what I did. My experiences so far is only a $10 difference between business line and personal, and the limits are far and between. I guess we both will praise Cox from past experiences. Both Cox and Verizon business (unlimited) from what Ive seen works rather the same, other than Verizon FIOS pawning every other connect around.

Hippie said...

887 GB from utorrent alone the past month (wow THATS SLOW month), I will be an epic fail at regulating myself, if need be...