Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Response to Recent Anonymous Comments

Regular readers here have no doubt noticed a series of "Anonymous" comments that have been posted in the last couple of days. I have no way of knowing if these are all from the same individual, since the commneter chose to not sign with either a name or a pseudonym. For the purposes of this response, I'm going to treat them as if they're all from the same author. My apologies if that's an error. Here they are in order, with the oldest at the top.
Anonymous said...
Why have you stopped posting the Alex Jones Show in segmented files with the playlist as you always have before? I cannot use your single show files because I cannot send them any longer in the email in large files. Please let us know if you plan to resume posting as you did before. Thank you


Anonymous said...
Do you plan to continue the same procedure with the Alex Jones Show files? We are waiting early every day to distribute the Alex Jones Show by email to everyone we know, and usually we have to send the next day because we don't have internet after 5:00pm Central time.


Anonymous said...
Why are you not separating the Alex Jones files any longer??


Anonymous said...
Why are you separating the Peter Schiff Show into smaller file segments and not doing this any longer with the Alex Jones Show??
The first comment was posted to Alex's Sunday show (Mar. 18), which was a "copy-and-paste" broadcast made up entirely of recent previously aired material. For some months now, I have been posting only the one-file "members' edit" mp3 when a show like that runs. They can be a pain to edit, with commercial breaks not coming at usual intervals. And it has always seemed fair that if Alex is taking the day off, I can take it easier for that day too. Having an extra hour or so to spend with my wife on a Sunday is rather nice.

But the commenter's complaint is not Sunday-specific, and I'm sure many have noticed that recently I have not been uploading Alex Jones shows in the same manner that I used to. The simplest explanation for this is that right now I am "burned out" on Alex Jones [and guest hosts -- e.g., Aaron Dykes -- who do their best to mimic Jones]. Listening to him, even for just the amount of time required to edit out commercials, has become stressful and upsetting to me... to the degree that I could no longer justify putting myself through it. Rather than just dropping the show, I chose to upload exactly what you'd get if you had a Prison Planet membership. I know a lot of people come here for Jones material, no doubt some come only for that. I hope I'm not making enemies by going this path. I do know it's the right thing for me for now.

If you want more of an explanation of that, you will need to email me. Here I am going to do my best to follow the advice I heard many times from my parents: "If you can say nothing nice about someone, it's best to say nothing at all."

I am not declaring that I will never again edit and upload Jones shows. Maybe after a sufficient "vacation" I'll be able to handle it again. In the meantime, when the show is hosted by someone like today's Jon Rappoport, I have no problem processing the show in the half-hour segments style.

One thing I cannot do is promise to have the Jones show, or any other show, uploaded by a certain time. All I have ever "promised" is to do the best I can. That best is not the same every day, obviously. One factor that I know has been limiting me somewhat lately is a noticeable further degradation of my vision. It makes everything take just a little longer. And that's as much as I'm going to say about health issues given the ridicule and criticism I've received in email for discussing my health here.

I think that covers most everything. Sorry if I have rambled.

Mr. or Ms. Anonymous, I do regret that you are so dissatisfied with the service that I offer for free (and that you are under no obligation to use). I suggest that you may be more satisfied by going directly to the Genesis Communications podcast files direct. You can find them at http://podcast.gcnlive.com/podcast/alex/pcast.php.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

you cant handle the truth? haha

i appreciate that you still upload his stuff..

raziel871 said...

I think you should consider that this may be someone trying to put you off your uploads seybay.

Of the 3 natural responses ie you being peed off, ignoring or doing as the "poster" requests your more inclined to the first.
Well done anonymous & F-U we don'y need you here - this is where honest people learn & value the info.
Seeing the comments together like that really makes me suspicious ..
I for one & everyone else are thankful for your efforts.

Ob2 said...

Thanks for spending your time helping informing others, your work is more appreciated of what it seems, I download your files almost every day (AJ show mostly) for example, you are doing your part, don't listen to the negative comments, it's just the dogs barking as we ride, thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sebay-

I appreciate your hard work and vigilant uploading. If I wasn't absolutely broke, I would try and support you by donation. Alas, I have to wear the hat of the leecher....Well, you never know, things may change.

Howver, rest assured, if we don't support you monetarily, we support you with our hearts.

Thanks for uploading the AJ show. Listening to that Efoods direct commercial 10 times per show is enough
to drive anyone crazy.

Please keep up the good (and appreciated) work.

God Bless

Mondo

Anonymous said...

Hi there Sebay,

People should appreciate what you do rather than pick faults. The work you do here has made it infinitely easier for me to keep up to date on matters - I can just put the files (separated or not) onto my iPod and listen to them while walking or when doing other things. I've been using your site for months but never thanked you, so I'm thanking you now! Great work. :-)

Anonymous said...

The Alex Jones Show is the cutting edge of investigative journalism and broadcasting in America today. It is very unfortunate that Seybago has such little regard for this extremely important broadcast. Several years ago we had a much more dedicated person named Sig-Garrett editing and posting the Alex Jones Shows every day,but Seybago took over the posting. I am certain that most people come to this site to download the edited Alex Jones files,and if Seybago does not continue editing these files every day this blog will quickly become a memory of the past. By the way Seybago,I am currently building a website for this purpose because you are not doing your job, so if you want to continue receiving financial support for your "efforts" I strongly recommend that you get busy editing the Alex Jones Show again every day! Sincerely, The Aeromaster

PC311 said...

Just wanted to thank you for this awesome site!

For every 1,000 of us that greatly appreciate your work, there's always gonna be 1 asshole.

Hopefully we all can donate a few bucks to show our thanks.

Anonymous said...

I've been utilizing your work for sometime now and I do appreciate all you do. As a person I do commend you for taking time for the ones you love. Some will always complain and contribute very little. Disregard them and live for the ones you cherish and for yourself.

Thank you
Crimson_Prince

Anonymous said...

just want to say thank you for all your work.

Anonymous said...

The Alex Jones Show is the cutting edge of investigative journalism and broadcasting in America today. It is very unfortunate that Seybago has such little regard for this extremely important broadcast. A few years ago we had a much more dedicated person named Sig Garrett editing and posting the Alex Jones Shows every day, but Seybago arbitrarily took over this edit and posting. I am certain that most people come to this blog to download the edited Alex Jones files, and if Seybago does not continue editing these files every day this blog will quickly become obsolete. By the way Seybago, we are currently building a website for this purpose as the result of your neglect, so if you want to continue receiving “support” for your "efforts" we strongly recommend that you continue to properly edit the Alex Jones Show every day, or we will do what needs to be done! Sincerely, The Aeromaster

Anonymous said...

Sebaygo, I appreciate your work very much. I come here for the Peter Schiff show, mainly. I used to listen to Alex's show for 4 years straight - every show. Now it physically pains me listening to the guy - he has some good info, and he is certainly a succesfull radio host. But I can't stand him anymore. I can absolutely understand how you feel.