Friday, March 25, 2011

Situation Update - 2011 Mar 25 FR

Right now just a quick note to say that we did NOT slide off the edge of the earth, rather we ARE in Houston. Must admit that the trip was much harder than I had expected, but then this was the longest drive I've been on in about 6 years.

Thanks to the hard work of others, I will have some material to share here before long, but right now I must get in the shower. Mrs. S is insisting.

Oh, btw, the Hilton charges $10.80 PER DAY for internet access!!!

Back as soon as I am able.



It's late so I'll try to make this brief. In addition to the cost of the hotel's net connection, they declare that traffic is monitored for violations of their Terms of Use -- which includes intellectual proprty infringment, etc. So I am not going to invite trouble by uploading to sites e.g. PirateBay and Demonoid, or by seeding torrents from here.

What I can do is provide you with links so that you can still get the materials. It looks like that is the best I can do for the next 3 days. I'm surely open to suggestions, but please keep in mind that we will be spending a lot of time looking for a place to live, meaning I'll be away from the computer a lot.


No comments: