Thursday, February 17, 2011

Milestones

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact date, but I do know that within the next few days (before the end of this month) I will hit my two year anniversary of uploading patriot/alt-talk radio.

In the beginning it was just the Jones show and only at Demonoid. By the end of the summer of 2009, when I switched from Demonoid to MiniNova, I had added a second (and occasionally a third) show.

In November of that year MiniNova essentially went out of business and I decided it was time to build some redundancy into my effort. For a while I was uploading the same set of torrents to as many as 7-8 sites each day. That was eventually narrowed down to the five sites I now use daily... when they're all working.

The fact is that not all of the indexers/trackers are up all of the time. The last week in April of 2010 saw the launch of this blog, initially as a means of letting people know when I was not able to upload to a particular site as well as what torrents I was processing each day.

I became curious about how much the blog was being used, so I added a "hit counter" in mid-June. According to SiteMeter, the blog has had nearly 48,000 visits since that time. I continue to work to make the blog better and more usable in whatever ways I can think of. [Suggestions are always welcome as to how it could be improved.]

I will confess that I do take a certain amount of pride from the blog and the on-going labor that it represents. The two year anniversary feels pretty good, as I imagine will the 1st anniversary of the blog that I'll observe in a couple of months.

Wish we could have balloons, ice cream and cake!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, sebaygo- I use your site every day. It's the fastest way to find the torrents I want.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! much appreciated

Anonymous said...

My lazy butt says thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks from Norway for Alex jones show!

Anonymous said...

I'm about to send you a modest $10! Thanks for your work, keep it up.

Anonymous said...

thanks bro!

Don said...

Happy Anniversary Sebaygo! You should feel proud of your efforts. Your work touches all of our lives, many on a daily basis. Here's to the first two years and hoping for many more!!

BeThePeople said...

... Ballons ... IceCream ...
... Cake ...

awesome job!

thank you!