Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quitting MediaFire

I just received the following in an email from MediaFire.com. It appears that some French company is claiming to be an agent representing the No Agenda show and issuing a DMCA takedown notice for my upload of last Thursday's No Agenda episode.

click image to see a larger version

Anyone who knows anything about the No Agenda show knows that this is bogus. It goes against everything that the show stands for. Furthermore, if Adam or John wanted something taken down, they would handle it themselves.

This is an echo of what happened with the Jack Blood show, only it was an English company. I went through MediaFire's designated process to challenge the DCMA notice. It took a lot of time, required me to give them a lot of personal information, and weeks later I have not received one word of response.

I don't know who is behind this, or what their motives are, but it has only ever happened with MediaFire.com and I am finished with them. They've been a reliable, easy-to-use (at least for me as an uploader) file host and I like having redundancy, but going forward I will no longer use MediaFire.

5 comments:

smconley said...

No Agenda states ALL of their stuff is free, i'm sure this is someplace on their website. As obviously, this is a hoax, either from the company claiming to represent them, or by mediafire.

Send that info into them, and be sure and forward this to adam & john

but i always use your kiwi links, like them much better than mediafire.

Let us know what happens.

Sean

Anonymous said...

http://www.sendspace.com/

sebaygo1 said...

I forwarded the full email from MediaFire to both Adam and John, as I did with the notice I received from MediaFire about a Jack Blood Show file since the Blood show is on their stream. I did not receive a response about that one and probably will not hear from them regarding this. Hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Diceman said...

I knew there had to be some downside to Mediafire with its good bandwidth, multiple downloads etc..

Never listened to the No Agenda show, maybe I should give it a try if it's "over the target" as Alex Jones says.

sebaygo1 said...

I have used sendspace.com a few times. The main downside there is that the upload speed is significantly slower than MediaFire or Kiwi6. But I will probably try them again in the near future.