Saturday, August 25, 2012

R.I.P., Neil Armstrong -- 2012 Aug 25 SA

I watched him take that first step on the Moon, days before my 14th birthday. It made me feel that anything was possible. As long as there are history books, his name will be in them, and we are lessened by his departure. I am sorry that his final years had to be spent in futile opposition to the gutting of the manned space program at the hands of the puppet currently occupying the White House.


(August 5, 1930 – August 25, 2012)

2 comments:

mexorkid said...

Mr. Sebaygo,
Congratulations on the B-Day tomorrow and I will send you a present!
Although, you should fess up to your real age!
I was 13 when he stepped on the moon and watching it in Idaho with 38,000 other Boy Scouts at the National Jamboree in Idaho.
I turned 14 exactly 3 months to the day after you did. But I'm not quite to 108.
All The Best!
Weyman

sebaygo1 said...

O.K., chronologically I am not quite 108 either. But I have always heard it said that - you are only as old as you feel, and some days that is right about 108. LOL

You had quite a great place in which to watch. I have never been to Idaho, but I imagine the night skies there being such that you could have almost looked up and watched the event first hand.