Friday, June 8, 2012

Looking for a Steam-Powered Computer

About an hour (so far) tonight. About a half hour last night... well, starting at about 12:40 a.m. Something like three hours the night before. I am very tired of power outages.

We need rain, very much. The drought conditions are not as bad as they were this time last year, but we are going in that direction. And we DID get a decent rain last night. I suppose if I have to sacrifice an hour or two of electricity for an inch or so of rain, that might be a fair trade. What is not fair is occurrences like tonight and night-before-last when we had significant power outages in exchange for a mere trace of rain.

Alright, enough complaining. If the power stays on, I should have Alan Watt's show uploaded before long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend battery backups, you might consider a full blown inverter for post collapse, and maybe some deep cycle marine batteries that do ok with full discharge. I know money is tight so likely won't happen, but it would be nice to have for post collapse. Good Luck and thanks for all your hard work !!!