Thursday, June 21, 2012

Jack Blood Show - DCMA Takedown

Yesterday, on this blog and on Twitter, I called attention to the fact that The Jack Blood Show was running commercials.

Since beginning his show on the No Agenda Stream, Jack has frequently done product endorsements, most often of EnerFoods. But yesterday it was four full-blown commercials. I don't know if it was done because yesterday's show was a rebroadcast of a show from a week earlier, or if the decision was made to simply start slipping them in now and then. I was curious to see how today's show was going to go, but Jack dropped out of the stream fairly early during the first hour of his time slot.

The reason I made mention of the commercials is that this action seemed to go completely against what No Agenda stands for, and it IS their network/stream. Plus, I have heard Jack remark, "so much for value-for-value," at times when he would be complaining about not receiving enough donations.

But the point of this post is to disclose that today I received notice from MediaFire.com that they had been presented with a DCMA take-down notice for the file that is the Jack Blood Show of yesterday.


accountservices@mediafire.com accountservices@mediafire.com
4:30 AM (6 hours ago)

to me

The file "Jack_Blood_Show_2012_06_20(13)WE.rar" has been suspended

Dear MediaFire User:

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.
The file named Jack_Blood_Show_2012_06_20(13)WE.rar is identified by the key (rur3n7g3btau7ss).
As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.
MediaFire's email was non-threatening to me, except for this statement at the end:
Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated. 

The bottom line is that I am done with The Jack Blood Show. I don't want to waste time on this kind of hassle, and I don't want to risk losing my MediaFire account. Jack can make his program 50 percent music and 50 percent commercials if he wants, and the No Agenda guys allow it. 

Strange though, I'm listening to the stream right now and just heard a promo that said "No Agenda Global Radio. All talk. No commercials."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the only time I've been to your site. Thank you for providing more details.
my page > IT Support Sydney