Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Miscellany - 2010 Oct 14 TH

I've been having big computer problems this morning and have spent the past four hours(+) just trying to get operational. I think that everything is in working order again finally. "Murphy's Law" would dictate that I would have trouble with my computer on the day when I'm trying to manage Alex Jones' marathon MoneyBombapalooza!

I spent a bit of time last night trying to figure out how I wanted to handle Alex's 27-consecutive-hour broadcast and I had tentatively decided to try doing two things. First, I was wanting to "live blog" the broadcast as well as I could -- nothing fancy, just a sentence or two summarizing or hitting the highlights of each hour. I'm getting a late start, but I think I'm going to try to catch up and attempt that.

The other strategy I decided to try is to upload torrents for this thing in four hour blocks. I will have to see how that goes beyond the first four hours. I do not know if GCN will provide podcast files for the entire broadcast. I hope they will. That should enable me to keep up with Alex-fest and still do the other torrents I would normally upload today -- Keiser Report, What Really Happened and No Agenda.

Please bear in mind that the computer problems put me a couple of hours late getting started, and more pointedly, I do have a fair amount "on my plate" for the next 24 hours or so. I may, therefore, not be posting uploads as quickly as we would all like, but I will give it my best effort.

Speaking of other shows, the Guns and Butter podcast file for yesterday's show is still not available. Multiple comments have been posted to their site, so I'm reasonably sure they are aware of the problem and hopefully will have it fixed by the end of the day.

I just heard Alex say that the video of the marathon will be uploaded "over the course of the next few days." I certainly hope audio files will be available more promptly than that.

Finally, a quick word about a blog bonus. Yesterday, RW emailed me the most recent Trend Alert from Gerald Celente's Trends Research Institute. It's titled: "Economic Policy Threatens the Dollar," and was authored by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts. It is definitely worth your time. The filename is TrendAlert_2010_10_10.pdf and can be found at the blog's document drop http://drop.io/sebaygo1docs1 . Big thanks, as always, to RW!

2 comments:

Hippie said...

Well Sebaygo1, I have replay media catcher capturing the stream since 3:25 EST, I doubt gcn will be posting more than the 4th hour, as they never did before, but who knows...

Either way, unless some catastrophe happens on my system, I'm getting it as it streams.

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks, Hippie. I just updated a different post to say that I missed getting 3:00 through 5:00. You guessed right about good old GCN.