Monday, October 11, 2010

Blog Miscellany - 2010 Oct 11 MO

There are a few items that need to be mentioned this morning.

First, a blog-bonus thank-you to RW for once again sharing with us the most recent issue of Bob Chapman's The International Forecaster. The issue for Saturday, October 9th is available at http://drop.io/sebaygo1docs1. The filename is:
The_Intl_Forecaster_2010_10_09_(SA).rtf

RW got this to me Saturday. My apologies to him and you for taking so long to make it available. It was not a great weekend.

I suppose the next thing I should address is the "day off" that I had on Saturday. Skipping the boring details, I'll just acknowledge that I deal with multiple health issues [not counting being old and ugly]. I can usually manage things such that I get done most, if not all, of what I want to accomplish on a given day. If you looked back I think you would find that it has been months -- probably several months -- since I had a day on which I did not get any torrents uploaded.

For the time being, at this point in my life, THIS is my job. I take it seriously, and I try to treat it responsibly. Barring something I cannot control, I expect to work at it 365 days/year. I don't want to spend time talking about medical problems, but I also think you deserve to know that I was not out for a day of bird-watching. Enough about that.

The final item is one I would have preferred to not talk about, but the time has come. As of this hour I have enabled comment moderation on this blog. This seems to me the best way of dealing with trolls. If you note problems with this, please let me know.

5 comments:

brit torrent said...

ah sorry to read that man, hope your health improves and i wish you a relatively stress free week !

Anonymous said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon! I'm very greatfull for your work.

Thank you,

backriver

Unknown said...

Always grateful for your torrents, sebaygo- sorry to learn about the health issues.

Take care, and thanks.

Log@N said...

You work too much man :p how can we begrudge you a day off here and there? as usual thank for all you do, and I am sorry to see that you have to put in extra work moderating the comments. It sucks how a few bad apples will complicate things for everyone. Get well soon.

Vaken.se said...

Hope you feel better soon! You know we appreciate your hard work doing this stuff everyday. But also think of your self, your health and things surrounding that. Inner and outer health is very important!

Sunny autumn regards from Sweden