Friday, April 30, 2010

Demonoid Update

I had this from multiple sources that I considered reliable, but which were not exactly "authoritative." Now I am able to confirm it from personal experience.

A little while ago I was able to connect with the main page of Demonoid.com and there saw this message:
Ongoing denial of service attack

There is a denial of service attack in progress that is causing extreme slowness.
We are currently working on solving the issue.

Thanks for your understanding

This is not likely to be resolved soon, but for me knowing is much better than not knowing.

I'll update again here when substantive news becomes available.

2 comments:

MadDog said...

Thanks for doing this.
I was beginning to think you suddenly went on vacation or something.
You seem to be the third person carrying the Alex Jones Torrent Torch.
The first I believe had a nickname Chakara or something similar.

sebaygo1 said...

I'm glad to be able to do it. And, yes, I think I'm about the third. In the beginning [or as far back as I know about] was chakra71, followed by sig_garrett.

I began uploading the Jones show just at Demonoid in February of 2009, moved to Mininova about July (when Demonoid began mysteriously deleting my torrents) and was there until they more or less closed toward the end of November.

It was at that point that I decided uploading to one site, using only one tracker was too risky if I was committed to getting the information out reliably.

Rest assured that (unless I get hit by a bus) I intend to keep doing this until such time as I am not able to continue, and I'll announce that with as much fore-warning as possible.