Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Uploading Issues -- 2012 May 29 TU

It's no secret that The Pirate Bay has been on a rocky road for some time. Demonoid has a history of inconvenient downtimes. For going on four days I have been unable to upload to either of these bit torrent indexers, but the problem does not seem to be a general one. I am able to browse new torrents at both sites and I can clearly see that other people are able to upload successfully.

At The Pirate Bay, I am able to access the torrent upload form. I complete the necessary fields, hit the submit button, and a few seconds later something like this returns:


The Pirate Bay used to have a forum where users to go with support questions (Suprbay.org) but it has been down for at least the last two weeks.

At Demonoid, as soon as I hit the Upload Torrent button, I don't even get to see the submission form. Immediately it's this:


Demonoid's forum seems to have been disabled. They do have an operational "Beta" version of the site, and on that I am able to reach the torrent upload form. Unfortunately I have NEVER been able to get the captcha box to work. So, I cannot upload. But, as with Pirate Bay, I can browse new torrents and see that lots of new torrents are being uploaded by people other than me.

At this point I am baffled. I would love to hear from anyone with any suggestions. Thankfully, ExtraTorrent.com is still working fine for me 99.5% of the time.

4 comments:

colin rogers said...

Hey bud,
I've managed to post a query in the demonoid forums(after much iffyness)about your problem, I'll keep you posted on any feedback.

sebaygo1 said...

I just saw that. Thanks, roonster.

It was after I posted to the blog about the uploading problems that I discovered that the Demonoid Forum is only reachable from the Beta version of their site. You can browse torrents, search, download, etc. from the old version and there has never been an announcement posted to the effect that if you want the Forum you have to go through Beta to get it.

Not much useful advice there so far, unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

I miss your Peter Schiff uploads!!!

I need the truth!! haha

Anonymous said...

Concidering one can host a web site on their own PC, why worry about other sites except as external outlets for your torrents and tracking? In fact I run several on a 2 desktop & 1 laptop systems. I simply have several names all pointing to the same IP which has one server software (abyssX1 free edition) and have domaine names registered with NoIP.com. I just pay $15yr. to keep from having to renew dorment domaines & mask my IP without the site being in fames with an ad. Only your inginuity can stop you, so I have to ask. Whats the problem?