Thursday, November 4, 2010

October 2010 Donation Summary

During the month of October, this blog received four donations. They came from Sweden, the UK and the US. The total net amount received [after PayPal deducted their fees] was $110.66 (US dollars).

As a point of reference, in September net contributions totaled $108.86 from six donations.

I do not feel I can emphasize too much that every donation, of any amount, is greatly appreciated. At this point in my life this work that I do, the results of which you see posted on this blog each day, IS my job. I began this, and continue to do it, not because I had expectations of deriving income from it. Rather, I saw it as something of importance, something of value, that needs to be done -- and I enjoy doing it.

Day in and day out, this work requires a lot of hours and sometimes is made much more difficult by having to deal with hardware that is old and in need of replacement (kind of like me!). Currently I am trying to raise approximately $250 to replace some of that hardware that died. Since that need arose a little more than a week ago I have received $33.13 net.

Rest assured that I will continue to do the best that I can with the equipment that I have. I am having to do some sharing, which on some days makes it difficult to get torrents done in a timely manner, but better late than never hopefully.

I want to sincerely thank all those who help me carry on, whether that comes in the form of occasional words of appreciation for the effort, or in the form of a financial contribution. It all means a great deal to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all you do. I just made a donation and I encourage others to do the same.

sebaygo1 said...

Thanks Anon, for both the contribution and the encouragement.

sebaygo1 said...

Anonymous, I did receive your donation via PayPal, but when I tried to send a thank-you email it bounced.

Please rest assured your help is greatly appreciated. Email me at Gmail if you would like.

Don said...

Hi Seybaygo1

Do you have an email where we can chat in private? This is regarding donation stuff but I would like to talk to you about it in a nonpublic forum. Thanks! - Don

sebaygo1 said...

Surely, Don.
The address would be sebaygo1 at gmail dot com.