Thursday, May 16, 2013

Anniversaries -- 2013 May 16 TH

This has nothing to do with current events, only with personal milestones. Wednesday, May 8, 2013, was the 9th anniversary of the day Mrs. S and I first met. Today, Thursday, May 16, 2013, is the 9th anniversary of our "first date," a trip to a Renaissance Fair in Muskogee, Oklahoma... and at the end of that day our first hug. It was right about that time that I realized that this woman was my soul-mate, and I have never doubted it since then.

Another significant anniversary is coming soon. Monday, May 20, 2013, will be the two year anniversary of our arrival in Texas to stay. I suppose that by some definitions we are Texans now. Mrs. S has a Texas drivers license and I carry a Texas state ID (no DL for me because of my eyesight). I don't have any cowboy boots yet, nor a cowboy hat, but it is beginning to feel like home here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, wishing you all the happiness.

retank said...

Do you wear a Ten Gallon Hat? Jerry Woodard-Long Tall Texan

sebaygo1 said...

LOL No, so far just a five gallon baseball cap!