Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Look Back and a Glance Forward

If I could, I would subtitle this entry, "The Blog at One Year." Yes, today marks the one year anniversary of this blog's launch, and this brings the total number of posts to 476.

As with most newborns, the blog crawled before it walked. From April 28 through May 1 of 2010, I was only managing to upload The Alex Jones Show each day. But on Sunday, May 2nd, I uploaded 3 shows [each to The Pirate Bay and 5 other torrent index sites].

The lineup of shows with which I try to keep up has changed somewhat -- more additions than deletions, I think. Also, there have been some changes in the general appearance here. I like to imagine that the overall "look" is a little more mature/finished now than at first. I don't recall anyone making suggestions about the layout. While cosmetics are obviously less important than content, I would be interested in hearing about possible ways of improving the format.

I installed a visitor counter from SiteMeter about a month and a half after starting the blog, but Google has been counting page views since the very beginning. As I write this, their page view counter reads 109,577. Not too bad, I suppose.

We began gratefully receiving cash donations via PayPal on September 2, 2010. Below is a summary of total net monthly contributions through March 2011.


To-date for the current month of April, the total net received has been $52.62. As it has always been, any donation at any time or any size is sincerely appreciated.

That, I guess, touches on enough of the highlights up to now.

Now is a very difficult time for the blog and for me. I've been having some rough patches in dealing with chronic health problems, and I know those are being made worse by the anxiety and stress of the impending move to Houston, Texas. There remain only 17 days between today and the day Mrs. Sebaygo's employer wants her to begin working full time at their corporate headquarters. We have not yet secured a place to live there. The most frustrating obstacle is proving to be MY low credit score (hers is fine). Our fall-back safety net is that we can live in "corporate housing" for up to one month if needed. Unfortunately, corporate housing means a small, furnished, one-bedroom apartment. The great majority of our belongings would have to go into a commercial storage unit.

Mrs. S will be returning from Houston on Friday evening, but the individual who has been trying to help with the housing search is going to be out of the city on Friday, so today is probably the last chance of accomplishing anything this week. As of the end of the day on Wednesday, the outlook was rather bleak.

The "glance forward" that I mentioned above deals mostly with the next two to three weeks. The situation will necessitate that I begin devoting time to packing ...and at the same time sorting between what needs to go with us, and what must be left behind. Those sorts of decisions would be difficult enough, without the complication of not knowing what size space into which we will need to fit.

During the week of packing/sorting
and the following week during which the actual moving will take place
and the week after that when whatever unpacking is possible will be happening
There will not be as much time for the work here as I want.
Also, right now I have no clue as to what kind of internet service to which I will be able to subscribe, nor as to how long it will take to get service connected.

During this very difficult time, I hope you will bless me with your patience and tolerance. Be assured that I will be back doing what I do absolutely as soon as circumstances permit. Until that time, Mrs. S and I will be truly grateful for any prayers, encouraging words, good thoughts and/or beams of positive energy that you can point our way.

Thank you, very much, for all that you have done to make this first year a great one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for everything. I wish you the best.

999SilverDog said...

You do sterling work here, I get so much out of those handy, edited MP3s I feel I really take it for granted at times.

Keep your health, above all that's the thing that matters. I wish you and your family good intention during the difficult times - trust me, they will pass even if you feel the depths of despair, they will pass..